Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Absaroka Mountains
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 2:37 PM MST on November 28, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on November 29, 2014
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 5 PM MST Saturday...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 5 PM MST Saturday.
* Summary and timing... strong to damaging west to southwest
winds will continue across the absarokas and Cody foothills
through the day Saturday... with the strongest winds occurring
today and tonight. At 412 am... the Park County sheriff's
office had a gust of 82 mph... while a station on the west side
of Clark gusted to 107 mph. There have been reports of trees
being blown down... as well as power outages in the city of
* Wind... west 30 to 50 mph with gusts 60 to 80 mph. Gusts to 100
mph near Clark.
* Impacts... high risk for blow overs especially for lightweight
or high profile vehicles on north to south oriented roadways.
Power outages and additional trees being blown down.
Please report downed power lines to local law enforcement and
power company. Do not drive over or approach downed power lines...
they could be energized and dangerous.
The latest Road conditions provided by the Wyoming Department of
Transportation are available by calling 5-1-1 or on the internet
Special Weather Statement
Statement as of 2:01 AM MST on November 20, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EST on December 20, 2014
... Significant winter weather expected across the central and
northern mountains beginning Friday night and lasting through Sunday
Moisture will be on the increase from the eastern Pacific starting
today... continuing through Saturday night. Light areas of snow will
begin to fall across the higher mountains central and northern
Wyoming starting later today... continuing off and on through the day
Friday. The mountains will see from a half inch to two inches of
snowfall through the day on Friday from this initial system.
However... after midnight Friday... a much stronger and more moisture
laden system will run into the mountains with periods of light to
moderate snowfall... lasting through Saturday night. Heaviest snowfall
is currently expected between mid afternoon and midnight on Saturday
before tapering off to light snow showers by Sunday morning.
Additionally... west to southwest winds will increase rapidly
overnight Friday and through the day on Saturday... blowing 40 to 50
mph with gusts between 60 and 70 mph at times. With the mountains
likely to see 5 to 10 inches of new snowfall by Sunday morning... the
combination of both snow and wind may cause significant drifting
along with much reduced visibilities.
All travelers and outdoor enthusiasts should be prepared
for this snow and wind event along with the possibility of delayed
travel... particularly over the region's mountain passes. Please
check back with the National Weather Service in Riverton through the
rest of the week for future forecasts and statements concerning
the this event.
Statement as of 12:38 AM MST on November 28, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Riverton WY...
high pressure brought warm conditions across much of the region
yesterday. A record high temperature of 58 degrees was set at
Riverton WY yesterday. This breaks the old record of 53 set in 1998.
Note the records for the Riverton site only date back to 1995.
The record for the cooperative observer site at Riverton for
November 27 is 65 degrees... which was last set in 1949.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - High Wind Watch , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Tornado Watch
- Utah - Special Weather Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report