Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Absaroka Mountains
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 8:34 PM MST on March 07, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EST on March 08, 2014
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a
* Flood Advisory for an ice jam and snow melt in...
Big Horn County in central Wyoming...
Park County in central Wyoming...
Washakie County in central Wyoming...
* until 800 PM MST Saturday
* Washakie County and Big Horn County emergency management have
both reported ice jam flooding on the Big Horn river and on the
nowood river. On the Big Horn river... the ice jam flooding is
occurring at several locations. The greatest impact from the ice
jams has been near Worland and north of Greybull near the Spence
oil field. Ice jam flooding on the nowood river has mainly been
confined to areas from near Manderson upstream to the Washakie
Warm days and freezing temperatures at night will allow the
threat for ice jamming to continue along the Big Horn... nowood
and possibly other area rivers through at least the weekend
and possibly Monday. The threat will begin to subside when most
of the river ice has broken up in the middle of the river
channel. Ice jam flooding is typically most severe near bridges.
Locations in and near the foothills of the Bighorn and Absaroka
Mountains could also see minor snow melt flooding this weekend
as high temperatures creep into the upper 40s and lower 50s.
Minor flooding has already caused the temporary closure of the
Medicine Lodge state archaeological site due to runoff from the
River ice is very unpredictable... and may move and jam with little
notice. Any ice jam can cause flooding as the ice dam can cause
rapid increases in river levels in a short period of time. People
living near these rivers should monitor the situation closely and be
ready to move to higher ground if flooding occurs.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Report hazardous weather to the National Weather Service office in
Riverton at 1-800-211-1448.
Lat... Lon 4501 10791 4473 10773 4461 10739 4439 10717
4351 10711 4350 10759 4373 10772 4385 10830
4408 10850 4408 10879 4382 10910 4381 10931
4396 10955 4382 10985 4401 11005 4454 11029
4458 11066 4466 11067 4467 11106 4499 11107
Statement as of 5:29 PM MST on March 07, 2014
... Record daily maximum precipitation set at Casper WY...
a record precipitation of 0.31 inch(es) was set at Casper WY today.
This breaks the old record of 0.19 set in 2012.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement