Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:21 PM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Wind Advisory now in effect from 5 am to 6 PM CDT Friday...
* strong north winds will develop overnight... then continue
through Friday. The highest gusts are expected from daybreak
through midday Friday.
* North winds with sustained speeds of 25 to 35 mph and gusts to
45 mph are expected late tonight into Friday. The highest gusts
are expected near the Bay and along the Lake Michigan shoreline.
* The winds will create hazardous driving conditions for motorists
with high profile vehicles... and could also result in minor
power outages if branches are blown down onto power lines. In
addition... snow showers could result in slippery roadways late
tonight into early Friday morning.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts in excess of 45 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Statement as of 9:58 PM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on October 31, 2014
... A brief preview of wintry weather expected overnight...
An intense upper level disturbance will move southeast across the
area overnight. Much colder air will surge into the area as the
disturbance passes through. The sharply colder temperatures...
combined with strong north winds and snow showers... will produce a
brief period of wintry conditions... especially over northern and
Snow showers will shift southeast overnight... and should arrive in
east central Wisconsin between midnight and 2 am. Brief heavy snow
showers are possible in northern and eastern Wisconsin
overnight... but are most likely over Vilas County... where lake
enhancement will occur. Snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are
likely in Vilas County by morning... with around an inch over much
of far northeast Wisconsin. A dusting to a half inch is possible
in parts of east central Wisconsin. Travel conditions could become
hazardous late tonight into early Friday... especially over far
Very windy conditions are expected late tonight into Friday...
with the strongest winds occurring over the eastern Fox Valley and
Lakeshore areas. Wind gusts of 30 to 40 mph are expected across
most of the area... with 45 to 50 mph gusts near the lake and Bay.
Locally higher wind gusts are possible over northern Door County.
Winds this strong can make driving high profile vehicles difficult
and can cause minor tree and power line damage.
Most people will want to find their winter coat... hat... and
gloves before venturing outdoors Friday morning... as wind chill
readings are forecast to drop into the teens to lower 20s. Winds
are expected to slowly diminish late Friday afternoon. However...
it will still be quite windy and very chilly for trick-or-treaters
in eastern Wisconsin.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Freeze Watch
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Gale Warning