Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Foothills of the Blue Mountains of Washington
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:04 PM PST on December 14, 2017
Expires 10:00 PM EST on December 15, 2017
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am to 7 PM PST
* what... freezing rain expected. The ice will result in
difficult travel conditions, including during the evening
commute on Friday. Total ice accumulations of up to one tenth
of an inch are expected.
* Where... Pendleton, Pilot Rock, Dayton, Waitsburg, and Walla
* When... freezing rain may begin by 10 am with likely freezing
rain between noon and 5 PM. Freezing rain will decrease and change
to rain in the evening.
* Additional details... roads will be very slick.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads.
Slow down and use caution while driving. The latest Road
conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by
calling 5 1 1.
Air Stagnation Advisory
Statement as of 10:57 AM PST on December 14, 2017
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 15, 2017
... Air stagnation advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST
* air quality... moderate to unhealthy at times.
* Timing... stagnant air to persist into Friday.
* Impacts... persons with respiratory issues should follow the
advice of their physician on how to deal with poor air
quality. Also outdoor burning may be limited, so please
consult with your local burn agencies.
An air stagnation advisory indicates that due to limited movement
of an air mass across the advisory area... pollution has the
potential to increase to dangerous levels. Persons with
respiratory illness should follow their physicians advice for
dealing with high levels of air pollution.
During periods of stagnant air... state air quality agencies
highly recommend that no outdoor burning occur and that
residential wood burning devices be limited as much as possible.
According to state air quality agencies... prolonged periods of
stagnant air can hold pollutants close to the ground... where
people live and breathe. Check with your local burn agency for
any current restrictions in your area.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado -
- Connecticut - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Special Statement
- Florida -
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Maine - Wind Chill Advisory
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri -
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York - Lake Effect Snow Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Lake Effect Snow Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Wind Advisory
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Statement