Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Lower Columbia Basin of Washington
Statement as of 10:37 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Sunday...
* high temperatures... 101 to 106.
* Timing... the hottest times of the day will be from noon until
* Impacts... the potential exists for heat exhaustion and heat
stroke due to the hot temperatures. Do not leave your children
or pets in a hot car. Do not over exert yourself outdoors
during the hottest times of the day.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot daytime temperatures and warm
overnight low temperatures will combine to create a situation in
which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay
in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun... and check up
on relatives and neighbors.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 8:19 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Red flag warning now in effect until 9 PM PDT Sunday for very
hot and dry conditions for fire weather zones 639... 639... 641 and
* affected area... in orz639... fire weather zone 639. In waz639...
fire weather zone 639. In waz641... fire weather zone 641. In
waz643... fire weather zone 643.
* Timing... hot and dry conditions will continue through Sunday
* Wind... northwest 5-10 mph.
* Humidity... 5-15 percent.
* Haines... 5/6.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
West Fork and Blue Creek fires should be prepared for extreme
fire behavior. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 5:32 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Yakima WA...
a record high temperature of 105 degrees was set at Yakima WA today.
This ties the old record of 105 set in 1971.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory