Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 7:31 PM EDT on May 24, 2013
Expires 8:31 PM EDT on May 25, 2013
The Flood Warning continues for
the Barton river at Coventry.
* At 6:30 PM Friday the stage was 8.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 12.5 feet by
Sunday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 8.0 feet... Maple street and River Road between Orleans
and Coventry station will flood. There will be extensive field and
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:43 AM EDT on May 25, 2013
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on May 26, 2013
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday afternoon...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northern New York and Vermont... including the
following areas... in northern New York... eastern Clinton...
eastern Essex... western Clinton and western Essex. In
Vermont... Caledonia... eastern Addison... eastern Chittenden...
eastern Franklin... eastern Rutland... Essex... LaMoille...
Orange... Orleans... Washington... western Addison... western
Chittenden... western Franklin... western Rutland and Windsor.
* Through Sunday afternoon
* widespread moderate to locally heavy rainfall will continue
through tonight. Storm total rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches
can be expected. These amounts will likely push small streams
back to bankfull by this afternoon... and several mainstem rivers
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 3:58 AM EDT on May 25, 2013
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on May 25, 2013
... Some accumulating snow possible in the mountains through tonight...
Current observations indicate snow is falling across the highest
summits of the Adirondack Mountains and parts of the Green
Mountains. Snow levels are expected to lower to around 2000 feet
by this evening... with some minor wet snow accumulation possible
by Sunday morning. This heavy wet snow may cause a few isolated
power outages and bring down some tree limbs in the highest
mountain towns. In addition... campers and hikers should plan for
winter like conditions in the higher mountain summits this
Local Storm Report
05/24/2013 0500 PM
1 miles N of Orleans, Orleans County.
Flood, reported by public.
Water flowing over River Road
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- California - Special Weather Statement , Special Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Frost Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Frost Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Maine - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Areal Flood Watch , Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Ohio - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
Listen To WTIC WeatherWTIC’s Joe Furey updates the forecast for May 24, 2013
Tweets from WTIC listeners
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.