Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:57 AM CST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:45 AM EST on December 19, 2014
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
southeastern Hardin County in southeast Texas...
this includes the city of Sour Lake...
northern Jefferson County in southeast Texas...
this includes the cities of... Port Neches... Nome... Nederland...
Groves... Central Gardens... Beaumont...
Orange County in southeast Texas...
this includes the cities of... West Orange... Vidor... Orange...
Mauriceville... Bridge City...
* until 645 am CST
* at 349 am CST... National Weather Service radar depicted heavy
showers and a few thunderstorms continuing to advance east at around
30 mph across the warned area. Radar estmates 1.5 to 2.5 inches of
rain had already fallen... with an additional 1 to 3 inches possible.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
depth and speed of flood waters.
Turn around... don't drown... most flood deaths occur in automobiles.
Never drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. Flood waters are usually deeper than they appear. Just one
foot of flowing water is powerful enough to sweep vehicles off the
Road. When encountering flooded roads make the smart choice... turn
around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3024 9410 3024 9371 3022 9372 3020 9371
3002 9374 2999 9379 2998 9379 2996 9384
2993 9385 2991 9388 2989 9445 3020 9445
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Special Weather Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Utah - Special Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement