Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Coastal Georgetown
Statement as of 9:52 PM EDT on May 29, 2016
Expires 9:52 PM EDT on May 30, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Santee river near Jamestown.
* At 9 PM Sunday the stage was 9.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast, rise above flood stage by early Monday morning and
continue to rise to near 11.3 feet by early Tuesday afternoon.
* At 12.0 feet, several dirt logging roads are impassable.
Lat... Lon 3347 8002 3354 7998 3325 7937 3321 7938
3320 7951 3329 7976
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:37 AM EDT on May 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 30, 2016
... High rip current risk remains in effect until 8 am EDT this
* location... for all Brunswick... Horry... and Georgetown County
* Rip current risk... high rip current risk through early Monday
morning. Moderate rip current risk Monday morning through Monday
* Surf height... 4 feet.
* Timing and tides... low tide around 8 am Sunday.
* Other hazards... moderate longshore current and rough surf
conditions from Tropical Depression Bonnie.
There is a high risk of rip currents. Life threatening rip currents
are likely in the surf zone.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties
and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol flags and
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain calm...
do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for help. If
you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to shore and
back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to swim directly
against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement