Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Inland Colleton
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 1:36 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
Expires 3:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flood Advisory for minor flooding for poor drainage areas for...
Colleton County in southeastern South Carolina...
Beaufort County in southeastern South Carolina...
* until 300 PM EDT
* at 135 PM EDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding. Overflowing poor
drainage areas will result in minor flooding in the advisory area.
Up to 1 inch of rain in a short period of time have already fallen.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Hilton Head Island... Beaufort... Port Royal... Fripp Island... Shell
Point... Folly Field... Hilton Head Airport... Hunting Island and
An additional 1 1/2 to 2 inches of rain in less than an hour is
expected over the area. Minor flooding of low lying and poor
drainage areas is likely.
This heavy rainfall will result in significant ponding of water on
area roads and in low spots. Slow down to reduce the risk of
hydroplaning. If water covers the entire roadway or is flowing... find
another Route. The water is probably much deeper than it appears and
only one foot of water can stall a vehicle. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
If torrential rain continues and the threat for flash flooding
increases... a Flash Flood Warning may be issued.
Lat... Lon 3238 8082 3252 8052 3249 8050 3249 8048
3246 8049 3241 8046 3241 8043 3234 8046
3232 8045 3226 8062 3226 8063 3230 8065
3226 8066 3223 8063 3218 8071
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement