Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:12 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 8 PM
EDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a red flag
warning. It is in effect from 300 PM until 800 PM.
* Affected areas... Berks County, upper Montgomery County, Bucks
County, the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos in Pennsylvania, as
well as much of northwestern and central New Jersey.
* Wind... west at 10 to 15 mph from mid afternoon into early
evening with gusts up to 20 or 25 mph.
* Humidity... dropping to 20 to 25 percent during the afternoon.
* Temperatures... afternoon highs generally from 75 to 80 degrees.
* Impacts... any wildfires that develop during the afternoon will
have the potential to spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected due to a combination of strong winds, low relative
humidity and dry fuels. Any fires that develop may quickly get out
of control and become difficult to contain.
For more information about wildfire danger, burn restrictions and
wildfire prevention and education please visit your state forestry
or environmental protection website.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Weather Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning
- Vermont - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory