Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 2:39 PM EDT on April 17, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
Saturday evening for the Central Ridge and valley region of
Pennsylvania... and much of the Susquehanna valley...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Saturday afternoon through
* Affected area... the central and north-central mountains... along
with the middle and lower Susquehanna River valley.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... northwest winds less than 10 mph Saturday morning will
increase in the afternoon... helping to quickly dry out fine
fuels... such as Leaf litter and twigs.
* Relative humidity... as low as 24 percent.
* Temperatures... 65 to 70 degrees across northern
Pennsylvania... and between 70 and 75 degrees in central and
* Impacts... the potential exists for rapid development and
spread of wild fires... or for prescribed Burns to get out of
control. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Tornado Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Vermont - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory