Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:27 AM EDT on March 11, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on March 13, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
late Wednesday night...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Wednesday morning through
late Wednesday night.
* Locations... the northern mountains.
* Hazard types... heavy snow. Patchy freezing rain is possible as
well. Low wind chills are also expected late in the storm.
* Accumulations... 6 inches or more of snow possible.
* Timing... a combination of snow and rain will begin to fall early
Wednesday morning. The temperatures around or just above
freezing Wednesday morning may not allow much snow to accumulate
at first. But the temperatures will drop in the afternoon... and
allow the snow to accumulate. The snow will continue Wednesday
night before tapering off to scattered snow showers.
* Impacts... slowed travel due to snow covered roads. Patches of
freezing rain are possible. Wind chills will drop well below
zero late Wednesday night as well.
* Winds... east at 5 to 10 mph... becoming north at 15 to 25 mph
with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s Wednesday morning... dropping
into 20s in the afternoon. Temperatures in the single digits
and strong winds will combine to put wind chills in the 10 to 15
below zero range late Wednesday night.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is the potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel. For
the latest weather information... go to weather.Gov/ctp or stay
tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- Massachusetts - Winter Storm Watch
- Michigan - Winter Storm Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Storm Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- - Gale Watch