Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Central Douglas County
Statement as of 2:55 AM PDT on August 01, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening...
A heat advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening.
* Temperature: highs of 95 to 105 degrees today.
* Locations include: drain... Elkton... Roseburg... Sutherlin...
green... Myrtle Creek... Canyonville.
* Impacts: there is an elevated risk of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Those who are elderly... sick... or Young are more
susceptible to heat related illnesses.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* do not leave pets or children in automobiles for any length of
* Use caution near area rivers... which are cold and can have
strong currents... and be sure to wear a life jacket.
* Drink plenty of water and seek shade.
* Take plenty of rest breaks.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:42 AM PDT on August 01, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
... Red flag warning now in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to
11 PM PDT Sunday...
The red flag warning is now in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to
11 PM PDT Sunday.
* Thunderstorms: isolated to scattered dry thunderstorms are
possible from late Saturday afternoon through Sunday evening.
Thunderstorms are more likely to be scattered in the mountains
with isolated storms in the valleys.
* Impacts: dry thunderstorms may result in numerous new starts.
Low humidities... hot temperatures... and dry thunderstorms with
gusty and erratic outflow winds will create extreme fire
behavior on existing fires and new fire starts.
* Timing: the greatest threat for thunderstorms will be during the
afternoon and evening hours, however, storms may continue
overnight as well.
* Affected area: in southwest or... fire weather zones 615...
616... 617... 619 and 620.
* Counties affected: Coos... Curry... Douglas... Josephine.
A red flag warning means that extreme fire conditions are
occurring or imminent.
Statement as of 1:37 AM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Medford or...
a record high temperature of 109 degrees was set at Medford or yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 105 set in 1977.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:20 AM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Medford Oregon weather review: July 2015...
July 2015 was a mixed bag of weather for much of southern Oregon and
northern California. July started out hot with 6 days of sunny skies
and temperatures reaching the century mark or higher. Then things
cooled down as a series of disturbances moved through the forecast
area bringing showers and storms. On the evening of the 7th, a
thunderstorm passed over Siskiyou Summit and proceeded to become
severe as it moved into the Rogue Valley. This storm created a wind
gust to 55 mph at the Airport and additionally broke tree limbs in
and around Medford and downed a set of power lines near Talent. For
the next few days, the weather remained active throughout the
forecast area; but the next measurable rainfall occurred on the 12th
when showers and storms persisted over Medford for several hours
giving US nearly a quarter of an inch of rainfall in a day. Things
began to dry out afterwards; but disturbances continued to move
through the area allowing temperatures to stay relatively cooler
with a few days seeing below normal temperatures. July ended with a
sudden change from cooler to hotter weather as the high temperature
jumped 13 degrees from the 27th to the 28th. Then temperatures
soared to 104, 108, and 109 degrees on the 29th, 30th, and 31st,
respectively. Although the storms early in the month generated a
brief reprieve from fire season, new fires in California and in
Douglas County have created very smokey conditions for much of the
Rogue Valley which will likely continue into the beginning of August.
The average temperature for July was 78.4 degrees, which is 4.3
degrees above normal. The average maximum temperature was 94.0
degrees, which is 3.3 degrees above normal. The average minimum
temperature was 62.8 degrees, which is 5.4 degrees above normal. The
highest temperature for the month was 109 degrees on the 31st. The
lowest temperature of the month was 53 degrees on the 27th.
There were 25 clear days, 5 partly cloudy days, and 1 cloudy day.
Total precipitation was 0.29 inches which is 0.01 inches above
normal. The greatest 24 hour total was 0.22 inches that fell on July
12th. The water year precipitation began October 1st and is
currently 14.28 inches which is 3.10 inches below normal. Calendar
year precipitation is 7.43 inches which is 2.31 inches below normal.
The average wind for the month was 5.1 mph. The fastest recorded two-
minute wind was 47 mph from the southeast on the 7th. The peak wind
was 55 mph from the southeast also on the 7th.
The highest pressure for the month was 30.16 inches on the 27th. The
lowest pressure for the month was 29.63 inches on the 9th.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement