Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Lower Columbia
Statement as of 8:28 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Heat advisory in effect until 9 PM PDT Sunday for the lower
Columbia I-5 corridor of Cowlitz County...
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect until 9 PM PDT Sunday.
* Timing: through Sunday evening.
* High temperatures: 90 to 95 degrees.
* Low temperatures: 60 to 65 degrees.
* Duration: Sunday should be the last hot day. Temperatures will
gradually cool each day with daytime temperatures below 90
degrees by Tuesday.
* Locations include: St. Helens... Longview... Kelso.
* Impacts: do not leave children and pets unattended in
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 4:31 PM PDT on August 01, 2015
... Record high temperatures set today at multiple locations...
Location preliminary high tempprevious record/year
Vancouver Airport 9896/1965
Salem Airport 10097/1986
Eugene Airport 100 97/1974
mcminville 103 100/1965
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory