Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Nelson
Statement as of 2:37 PM CST on February 06, 2016
Expires 7:00 AM EST on February 08, 2016
... Blizzard Warning in effect from 3 am Sunday to 6 am CST
The National Weather Service in Grand Forks has issued a Blizzard
Warning... which is in effect from 3 am Sunday to 6 am CST Monday.
The blizzard watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing... expect blizzard conditions to develop around 3 am
Sunday and then diminish around 6 am Monday.
* Winds / visibilities... winds gusting as high as 60 mph will
cause whiteout conditions in blowing snow. Significant
drifting of the snow is likely... especially in open areas.
Damage to trees and power lines is possible.
* Snow accumulations... total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches
* Impacts... travel will be very difficult to impossible.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... especially in open country... making travel extremely
dangerous. Do not travel. If you must travel... have a winter
survival kit with you. If you get stranded... stay with your
vehicle. The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling
from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Blizzard Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Watch , Blizzard Warning , Winter Storm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Blizzard Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement