Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Mercer
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 7:51 AM CDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 438 remains valid until 11 am CDT this
morning for the following areas
In North Dakota this watch includes 10 counties
In north central North Dakota
Bottineau McHenry Renville
In south central North Dakota
Burleigh McLean Mercer
Morton Oliver Sheridan
This includes the cities of... Beulah... Bismarck... Bottineau...
center... Hazen... Mandan... McClusky... Minot... Mohall...
Towner and Underwood.
Statement as of 7:20 AM CDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 9:15 AM EDT on July 24, 2014
... Line of strong thunderstorms in western North Dakota...
At 720 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
strong thunderstorms along a line extending from the Canadian border
north of Bowbells through Berthold to near Killdeer... and moving
east at 35 mph.
Pea size hail... winds up to 35 mph... frequent cloud to ground
lightning... and very heavy rain... will accompany these storms. By
740 am CDT the line of storms will be moving into
Mohall... Minot... and Garrison.
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch continues until 11 am CDT. Storms may
grow stronger through the morning.
Lat... Lon 4900 10180 4898 10057 4733 10064 4733 10241
4900 10221 4901 10182
time... Mot... loc 1218z 277deg 44kt 4896 10202 4860 10179
4809 10178 4757 10212
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:25 AM CDT on July 24, 2014
... Safety rules for severe Summer storms...
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued by the National Weather
Service. The following information and safety rules may save your
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable for the
development of severe thunderstorms and possibly tornadoes.
During a watch... you should go about your normal business... but
stay updated on the latest weather developments and be prepared
to go to a place of safety.
A warning means that severe thunderstorms or tornadoes have been
reported... or have been detected by radar. People in the warned area
should seek shelter immediately.
Severe thunderstorms produce damaging winds... large hail... heavy
rains... and deadly lightning. Watch for signs of an approaching
storm. Keep a NOAA Weather Radio with you.
Flying debris from damaging thunderstorm winds can injure or
kill. Seek shelter from the wind. Stay away from windows and move
to the center of the building.
Lightning is a killer so do not use electrical appliances during
thunderstorms. Use the phone only in an emergency. If caught
outdoors... get off of open vehicles such as farm and construction
Avoid areas prone to flash flooding such as Dry Creek beds... small
streams and dips in the Road.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Excessive Heat Watch , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report