Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Towner
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:06 AM CDT on April 21, 2014
... Minnesota severe weather awareness week is this week...
... Todays theme is about weather alerts and warnings...
Ready... set... go. Are you ready for the Spring and Summer convective
This is severe weather awareness week across the State of Minnesota.
Take time this week to prepare yourself for our active ... and
sometimes dangerous... Spring and Summer weather.
The National Weather Service uses a ready... set... go approach to
alerting the public to the threat of severe weather.
Ready. Convective outlooks are issued each and every morning to
describe any threat for severe weather in the coming week. This is a
forecast of potential severe weather to come.
Set. If the conditions are present for severe weather to develop
over a large area the National Weather Service will issue either a
Severe Thunderstorm Watch or a Tornado Watch. During a watch you may
continue with normal activities but should pay close attention to
any developing storms in your area... and you should know where your
best shelter is located.
Go. A warning means that a dangerous storm is imminent or occurring.
When severe storms are developing in your area... watch the sky
closely... listen for warnings... and move quickly to shelter when
There are many ways to receive weather alerts... by smartphone
application... by weather radio... by local broadcast media... and
by local warning sirens... to name a few. Make sure you have
multiple ways to receive these alerts... and that you respond
appropriately to them.
For more information... check our website at weather dot gov...
forward slash... f... g... f.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Utah - High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement