Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Livingston Area
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:41 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Monday morning through
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Monday morning through
* Timing... snow will develop Monday morning and continue through
Monday night before tapering off Tuesday morning. The period of
heaviest snowfall will be Monday night... especially along the
Red Lodge and beartooth foothills.
* Lower elevation snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches of snow are
possible... with the higher amounts along the Red Lodge and
* Mountain snow accumulations... 12 to 18 inches of snow are
possible in the Crazy Mountains and along the north facing
slopes of the beartooth Absaroka Mountains.
* Impacts... heavy snowfall may make travel hazardous and may pose
a threat to Young livestock. Additional water rises are possible
in areas that have experienced recent flooding.
A Winter Storm Watch is issued when severe winter weather is
possible but not imminent. At this time there is a potential for
significant snow. Future driving and walking conditions may
become hazardous so it is important to monitor the latest
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 5:41 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 1:30 AM EDT on March 10, 2014
... The Flood Advisory for melting snow remains in effect until 1130
PM MDT Sunday for Central Park County...
* most low elevation snow has melted in the immediate Livingston
vicinity... and no new flooding was reported in Livingston
Saturday. Flooding continues in the CLyde Park area.
* Small streams continue to run high and some roads remain impacted
by high water levels.
* Warmer temperatures will cause additional snow melt through Sunday
as significant snow pack remains over the Paradise and shields
river valleys. Residents along small streams and in low lying
areas should remain alert to rising water through the weekend.
This includes locations along the shields river... the Paradise
Valley and the higher slopes to the west of Livingston.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4563 11079 4608 11079 4610 11048 4587 11029
4553 11028 4559 11046 4538 11056 4525 11078
Statement as of 8:26 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on March 10, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 am MDT Monday...
* current winds... southwest gusting to 68 mph at the Airport in
* Timing... strong southwest winds can be expected through Sunday
night. The period of strongest winds will be late tonight
through Sunday morning.
* Impacts... strong cross winds can be expected along Interstate
90 from Livingston to around Springdale... as well as roads
* Winds... southwest 35 to 50 mph with gusts around 70 mph.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement