Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 11:36 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 22, 2015
1127 am CDT Sat Apr 18 2015
The Flood Warning is cancelled for
the Leaf near McLain
* until Wednesday evening.
* At 11am Saturday the stage was 9.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
Lat... Lon 3119 8914 3125 8914 3123 8885 3099 8871
3098 8877 3114 8887
... Flood Warning extended until further notice... the Flood Warning continues for
the Chickasawhay at Leakesville
* from tomorrow early afternoon until further notice.
* At 10am Saturday the stage was 17.1 feet.
* No flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by tomorrow early afternoon and continue to
rise near 22.2 feet by Tuesday evening.
* At 20 feet, flooding of lowlands in the area will occur.
* At 22 feet, lowland flooding will continue, and some roads in low lying areas
will be cut off by high water.
Lat... Lon 3144 8857 3144 8846 3108 8854 3098 8873
3100 8875 3110 8858
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:05 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Sunday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of Alabama... northwest Florida and southeast
Mississippi... including the following areas... in Alabama...
Butler... Choctaw... Clarke... Conecuh... Covington... Crenshaw...
Escambia... lower Baldwin... lower Mobile... Monroe... upper
Baldwin... upper Mobile... Washington and Wilcox. In northwest
Florida... coastal Escambia... coastal Okaloosa... coastal Santa
Rosa... inland Escambia... inland Okaloosa and inland Santa
Rosa. In southeast Mississippi... George... Greene... Perry...
stone and Wayne.
* Through Sunday evening
* what and where... the potential for flash flooding will continue
across the region through Sunday. Showers and thunderstorms
capable of producing 2 to 4 inches or more rainfall in a brief
period of time will periodically develop and move across the area.
* Impacts... possible Road closures. Local creek flooding... as
well as water flowing over roadways will develop in areas that
receive the highest rain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Stay tuned for further updates from your National Weather Service
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory