Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Northern Washington
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:21 PM EDT on May 25, 2013
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on May 26, 2013
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday morning...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Maine... north central Maine...
northern Maine... southeast Maine and west central Maine...
including the following areas... in east central Maine...
central Penobscot... northern Penobscot and southern Penobscot.
In north central Maine... central Piscataquis... northern
Piscataquis and southern Piscataquis. In northern Maine...
northeast Aroostook... Northwest Aroostook and southeast
Aroostook. In southeast Maine... central Washington... interior
Hancock and northern Washington. In west central Maine...
* Through Sunday morning
* rainfall of 1.5 to 3.5 inches has been observed across the area
during the past several days with locally higher amounts.
Additional rainfall of up to one inch is possible overnight into
Sunday... with the highest amounts across the hilly upslope areas
of central and northern Maine.
* The ground is already saturated in many areas... and the
additional heavy rainfall may cause smaller streams and creeks
to overflow their banks. Ponding of water is also expected on
roadways... and standing water is expected in low spots. Any
culverts that are plugged with debris may also flood. Main
Stem rivers are expected to see significant rises... but are
not expected to flood at this time.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:50 PM EDT on May 25, 2013
The following are unofficial storm total rainfall observations taken
during the several days for the storm that has been affecting our
region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments...
cooperative observers... cwop observers... Skywarn spotters... facebook
fans... and media for these reports. This summary is also available on
our home Page at weather.Gov/Caribou
********************storm total rainfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Aroostook County...
Knowles Corner 2.88 1038 PM 5/25
Eagle Lake 2.48 1034 PM 5/25
Lille 2.41 800 PM 5/25
Fox brook 2.38 1034 PM 5/25
Fort Kent 1 SW 2.36 1034 PM 5/25
Clayton Lake 2.34 1034 PM 5/25
Frenchville 2.26 1035 PM 5/25
Estcourt 2.24 1033 PM 5/25
Caribou 2.07 1036 PM 5/25
Loring 1.91 1036 PM 5/25
Oxbow 1.88 1037 PM 5/25
Dickey 1.70 1033 PM 5/25
... Hancock County...
Bar Harbor 3 WSW 2.84 1048 PM 5/25
Hancock 1.92 1047 PM 5/25
... Penobscot County...
Patten 3 NW 2.59 1039 PM 5/25
Dixmont 2.09 1046 PM 5/25
Bangor 1.67 1046 PM 5/25
Old Town 1.52 1047 PM 5/25
... Piscataquis County...
Kokadjo 3.19 1040 PM 5/25
Greenville 2.80 1041 PM 5/25
Sebec 2.70 733 PM 5/25 0.80 24hr
ripogenus 2.33 1039 PM 5/25
Shirley 2.33 1042 PM 5/25
Blanchard 2.32 1043 PM 5/25
Abbot Village 2.15 1044 PM 5/25
Kingsbury 2.06 1043 PM 5/25
Smith brook 1.96 1039 PM 5/25
Sangerville 2 ENE 1.80 1044 PM 5/25
... Somerset County...
Saint zacharie 2.31 1032 PM 5/25
Turner brook 2.20 1038 PM 5/25
... Washington County...
Whiting 3 NNE 6.14 959 PM 5/25
East Machias 4 E 4.40 632 PM 5/25
Moosehorn NWR 3.51 1045 PM 5/25
Centerville 4 SSE 3.23 1045 PM 5/25
Eastport 3.17 1045 PM 5/25
Vanceboro 2.61 1042 PM 5/25
Danforth 2.52 1041 PM 5/25
Princeton 2.45 1044 PM 5/25
Columbia Falls 1 NNE 1.26 926 PM 5/25 24 hr total
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Areal Flood Watch , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Special Weather Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
Listen To WTIC WeatherWTIC’s Joe Furey updates the forecast for May 24, 2013
Tweets from WTIC listeners
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.