Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Central Washington
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:47 AM EDT on May 05, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 05, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this
evening for gusty winds and low relative humidity for northern
and eastern Maine...
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity... which is in
effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this evening. The Fire Weather
Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 001 Northwest Aroostook...
fire weather zone 002 northeast Aroostook... fire weather zone
003 northern Somerset... fire weather zone 004 northern
Piscataquis... fire weather zone 005 northern Penobscot... fire
weather zone 006 southeast Aroostook... fire weather zone 010
central Piscataquis... fire weather zone 011 central
Penobscot... fire weather zone 015 southern Penobscot... fire
weather zone 016 interior Hancock... fire weather zone 017
central Washington... fire weather zone 031 southern
Piscataquis and fire weather zone 032 northern Washington.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 19 percent.
* Temperatures... in the lower 60s to around 70.
* Lightning... not expected.
* Impacts... grass or brush fires that ignite could spread very
rapidly and become out of control.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Warning
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Hampshire - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory