Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 10:29 AM CDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 1:15 PM EDT on August 30, 2014
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 1215 PM CDT for
Jefferson Davis... eastern Calcasieu... Allen... southeastern Beauregard
and Evangeline parishes...
At 1026 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar continued to
indicate a thunderstorm producing flash flooding over the warned
At 1026 am CDT the Lake Charles Regional Airport has received 7.36
inches and rain continues to fall. Another batch of heavy to
moderate rain is moving across Cameron Parish and will move into the
warned area shortly.
Locations in the warning include but are not limited to Harmony...
Bond... Bayou Chicot... Allen Parish Airport... Turkey Creek... Reeves...
Reddell... Pine Prairie... Oberlin... Oakdale... Mittie... LeBlanc...
Kinder... Elton... Elizabeth... Beaver and Basile
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3048 9258 3048 9263 3044 9261 3004 9294
3005 9353 3089 9281 3090 9224
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:46 AM CDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In southeast Texas... Jefferson and Orange.
* Through this evening
* average total rain amounts of 3 to 5 inches will be possible by
this evening... with isolated amounts up to 6 inches possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement