Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 7:22 PM CDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Sunday morning...
The National Weather Service in Louisville has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of east central Kentucky...
north central Kentucky and south central Kentucky... including
the following areas... in east central Kentucky... Anderson KY...
Bourbon KY... Boyle KY... Clark KY... Fayette KY... Franklin KY...
Garrard KY... Harrison KY... Jessamine KY... Madison KY... Mercer
KY... Nicholas KY... Scott KY and Woodford KY. In north central
Kentucky... Henry KY... LaRue KY... Nelson KY... Shelby KY...
Spencer KY and Washington KY. In south central Kentucky...
Adair KY... Allen KY... Barren KY... Casey KY... Clinton KY...
Cumberland KY... Edmonson KY... green KY... Hart KY... Lincoln
KY... Marion KY... Metcalfe KY... Monroe KY... Russell KY...
Simpson KY... Taylor KY and Warren KY.
* Through Sunday morning
* a surge of tropical moisture from the Gulf of Mexico will bring
copious amounts of moisture to the Ohio Valley overnight and
Sunday morning. Rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected
overnight and these storms will be capable of producing
torrential rainfall. Widespread rainfall amounts of 1 to 2
inches will be possible. However... in areas that see repeated
rounds of thunderstorm activity 3 to 4 inches of rainfall may
* Creeks and rivers may overcome their banks and into roadways
within the Flash Flood Watch area. In addition... typical flood
prone areas and other low-lying spots may quickly flood as heavy
rainfall passes through the region.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement