Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:56 PM CDT on May 28, 2016
Expires 9:52 PM EDT on May 30, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Walnut river at Winfield.
* Until Monday evening.
* At 8:46 PM Saturday the stage was 20.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 21.7 feet by
Sunday morning. The river will fall below flood stage Monday
* Impact... at 22.0 feet... a large portion of the Fairgrounds flood
along with roads west of rock and 3 miles northwest of Winfield.
Fld observed forecast 7 PM
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue
Winfield 18.0 20.8 Sat 9 PM 21.3 15.6 10.6
lat... Lon 3745 9709 3727 9709 3713 9703 3713 9687
3731 9697 3745 9696
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:00 AM CDT on May 29, 2016
... On this date in weather history...
In 1951, a massive hailstorm occurred from Wallace to
Kearney County in Kansas. The hail caused $6 million
damage to crops. In 1953, an F4 tornado with a track 20
miles long and around one third of a mile wide, tore
through Morton and Emmons counties of south central North
Dakota. The twister killed 2 and injured 20. One of the
deaths occurred in Fort Rice, where a catholic church was
leveled. Its pews were jammed 4 feet into the ground!
- Alaska - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning