Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:18 AM CDT on July 02, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 03, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Kansas... south central Kansas and
southeast Kansas... including the following areas... in central
Kansas... Barton... Chase... Ellsworth... Marion... McPherson...
Rice and Saline. In south central Kansas... Harvey and Reno. In
southeast Kansas... Allen... Greenwood and Woodson.
* Through Sunday morning.
* A couple of thunderstorm complexes with torrential rainfall
rates are expected to move through the watch area. One complex
will move through this morning... with a second complex moving
through the region tonight. Storm total rainfall amounts of 2
to 4 inches with locally higher amounts are possible. Excessive
rainfall rates could lead to flash flooding in the watch area.
* Low lying areas... urban areas... and those areas that are prone
to flooding could see rapid rising waters in a short time.
Persons camping along creeks and rivers will be at a greater
risk to the dangers of flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Remember to turn around... don't drown.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement