Current Watches and Warnings
Indiana, La Porte
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 9:30 PM CDT on June 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 02, 2016
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from 5 am EDT /4 am
CDT/ Friday through Saturday morning...
* high wave action expected...
* strong rip currents expected...
* strong structural currents expected... particularly on the
north sides of piers and breakwalls.
* Overview/potential impacts... a cold front will bring strong
northerly winds of 15 to 25 mph. This will lead to wave
heights of 4 to 7 feet... strong longshore currents moving from
north to South... Strong structural currents on the north sides
of piers and breakwalls... and strong rip currents.
Life threatening waves and currents are expected at the beaches.
People visiting the beaches should stay out of the water.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from the shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report