Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Central Panhandle Mountains
Statement as of 8:22 PM PDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 11:16 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Flood Warning now in effect until Tuesday evening...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Coeur D'Alene river at Cataldo.
* From this evening to Tuesday evening.
* At 7:46 PM Sunday the stage was 43.02 feet.
* Flood stage is 43.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is expected to continue to rise to near 44.0
feet by early Monday morning. The river is forecast to fall below flood
stage Tuesday morning.
Lat... Lon 4752 11620 4742 11673 4750 11680 4764 11626 4752 11620
* at 44.0 feet... homes near the river may experience some flooding of
basements. Water will begin to cover ccc Road near the mennonite
church. Some water will be over the section of Latour Creek Road
immediately south of Interstate 90, near the campground. Due to the
high water table some homes behind the Cataldo levee will be
surrounded by water.
* At 43.0 feet... minor flooding of farmland from Cataldo downstream
to Harrison is likely. The campground at Cataldo will also begin to
flood. Portions of Dudley Road, west of Latour creek, will likely
be underwater and impassable. If there is significant water already
in the floodplain, these impacts may occur at lower stages. Old
Coeur D'Alene River Road on the North Fork of the Coeur D'Alene
river may begin to flood north of the bumblebee bridge.
* At 42.5 feet... portions of Riverview Road between Cataldo and
Kingston will be flooded.
* At 42.0 feet... portions of the campground south of I-90 and Dudley
Road, downstream of Cataldo, may be underwater if floodplain
storage areas are already full of water.
Statement as of 8:42 PM PDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 6:03 AM EDT on March 12, 2014
The Flood Watch continues for
the St Joe river at St Maries
* from Monday morning to late Tuesday night.
* At 7:00 PM Sunday the stage was 29.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 32.50 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by tomorrow late morning.
Lat... Lon 4701 11627 4717 11663 4728 11668 4740 11665 4735 11632
* at 33.0 feet... water may be over St Joe city Road.
* At 32.5 feet... minor flooding will occur throughout the low lying
areas of the St Joe valley. Water will be observed behind levees
due to seepage. Minor flooding of the Aqua Park along the river's
edge. Outbuildings along the river that are not behind levees may
Statement as of 1:18 AM PDT on March 10, 2014
... Records broken on March 9 2014...
The precipitation at Mullan Pass in the past 24 hours was 1.15
inches. This sets the record for the most precipitation for this
date. The previous record of 0.67 inches was set in 1942. Records
have been kept at this site since 1938.
The low temperature at Lewiston in the past 24 hours was 49 degrees.
This sets the record for the warmest low temperature for this date.
The previous record of 47 degrees was set in 1928. Records have been
kept at this site since 1881.
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Winter Storm Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- New York - Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report