Current Watches and Warnings
High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:24 PM HST on September 03, 2015
Expires 11:45 PM EDT on September 03, 2015
303 PM HST Thu Sep 3 2015
... High surf advisory in effect from 6 am Friday to 6 PM HST
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a high surf
advisory for south facing shores... which is in effect from 6 am Friday
to 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... 6 to 8 feet.
* Timing... from Friday 6 am HST through Saturday 6 PM HST.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Boaters should
expect recreational surfers and body boarders utilizing Harbor
channels to access surfing areas.
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST Friday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* all Hawaiian islands.
* Until 6 PM HST Friday.
* A very moist air mass... together with an upper level trough just
west of the state... will likely produce locally heavy showers
and thunderstorms through Friday. Saturated soils from recent
and current rainfall across the state will increase the risk for
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
246 PM HST Thu Sep 3 2015
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County
* until 545 PM HST
* at 242 PM HST... radar showed heavy rain near Waikoloa Village... or
about 22 miles northeast of Kailua-Kona. The area of heavy rain was
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to
Waipio Valley... Waikoloa beach resort... Upolu Airport... Saddle Road
Junction... Puako... Mahukona... Kawaihae... Kamuela... Honokaa and
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 545 PM HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 2035 15593 2035 15532 1949 15554 1968 15631
Statement as of 4:45 PM HST on September 02, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A high temperature of 93 degrees at Hilo hi today breaks the old
record of 89 set in 1987.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning, Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Warning, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement