Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Maui Windward West
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 3:46 PM HST on August 31, 2015
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on September 02, 2015
... High surf warning in effect until 6 am HST Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a high surf
warning... which is in effect until 6 am HST Wednesday. The high
surf advisory is no longer in effect.
* Surf... along east facing shores of Kauai Oahu Molokai and
western Maui... increasing to 8 to 12 feet tonight and rising to
10 to 15 feet Tuesday.
* Timing... building tonight and peaking Tuesday. The large surf
will be reinforced on Wednesday by swell from distant Hurricane
Jimena. Elevated surf will persist through at least the weekend.
* Impacts... high... expect ocean water occasionally sweeping across
portions of beaches... very strong breaking waves and strong
longshore and rip currents. Breaking waves may occasionally
impact harbors making navigating The Harbor channel dangerous.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shorebreak... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:32 PM HST on August 31, 2015
... Record high temperature tied at Hilo hi...
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Lihue hi...
The record high temperature of 89 degrees was tied at Hilo hi today.
This ties the old record of 89 degrees set in 1996.
A record rainfall of 0.69 inches was set at Lihue hi today.
This breaks the old record of 0.36 set in 1993.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement