Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:47 PM HST on April 19, 2014
... Wind Advisory now in effect from 10 am Sunday to 6 PM HST
The Wind Advisory is now in effect from 10 am Sunday to 6 PM HST
* Winds... northeast 20 to 35 mph with gusts over 50 mph.
On Oahu... the strongest winds will impact areas over and
immediately Lee of both the koolau and Waianae mountain ranges.
In Maui County... the strong winds will be concentrated over
Lanai... Kahoolawe... and the west Maui mountains and Central
Valley of Maui.
On The Big Island... the strong winds will be focused in the
leeward kohala area... the Waimea to Kawaihae corridor... the
western saddle area... near Volcano National Park... and in the
area near South Point.
* Timing... late Sunday morning through Monday afternoon.
* Impacts... winds this strong can bring down tree branches and
make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of at least 30 mph...
or gusts of at least 50 mph... are expected. Motorists should use
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- New Mexico - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning