Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Waianae Coast
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 4:58 PM HST on October 19, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 20, 2014
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has extended the
* Flash Flood Warning for...
the island of Oahu in Honolulu County
* until 800 PM HST
* at 445 PM HST... radar showed moderate to heavy rain across most
of Oahu. The rain was moving toward the north-northwest at 15
miles per hour. Also... Road closures have been reported along the
southern portion of the island. Therefore... the Flash Flood
Warning has been extended.
* This warning includes the entire island of Oahu.
A Flash Flood Warning means flash flooding is imminent or occurring
in streams... roads and low lying areas. Move to higher ground now.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This warning may need to be extended beyond 800 PM HST if flash
Lat... Lon 2160 15831 2173 15797 2146 15771 2131 15762
2124 15772 2129 15812
High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:06 PM HST on October 19, 2014
329 PM HST sun Oct 19 2014
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 am HST Monday...
A high surf advisory remains in effect until 6 am HST Monday.
* Surf... 10 to 15 feet along north facing shores... 8 to 12 feet
along west facing shores... and 5 to 8 feet along south facing
* Timing... through tonight.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong long shore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution.
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect until 6 PM HST Monday...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* Kauai... Niihau and Oahu.
* Until 6 PM HST Monday.
* Rainbands associated with Hurricane Ana may produce rainfall
amounts of 3 to 6 inches with locally up to 8 inches on Kauai
and an additional 2 to 4 inches on Oahu overnight. If these
amounts occur within a short period of time... flash flooding
* In addition to possible flash flooding... excessive runoff may
result in rock and mudslides in steep terrain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
Statement as of 4:29 PM HST on October 19, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Honolulu HI...
A record rainfall of 3.4 inch(es) was set at Honolulu HI today.
This breaks the old record of 1.86 set in 1999.
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Freeze Warning
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning