Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:54 AM EDT on July 28, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on July 29, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from this evening through
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Delaware... northeast Maryland... New Jersey and
southeast Pennsylvania... including the following areas... in
Delaware... Delaware beaches... inland Sussex... Kent and New
Castle. In northeast Maryland... Caroline... Cecil... Kent MD...
Queen Annes and Talbot. In New Jersey... Atlantic... Atlantic
coastal Cape May... Camden... Cape May... coastal Atlantic...
coastal ocean... Cumberland... eastern Monmouth... Gloucester...
Hunterdon... Mercer... Middlesex... northwestern Burlington...
ocean... Salem... Somerset... southeastern Burlington and western
Monmouth. In southeast Pennsylvania... Delaware... eastern
Chester... eastern Montgomery... lower Bucks... Philadelphia...
upper Bucks... western Chester and western Montgomery.
* From this evening through Friday evening
* periods of showers and embedded thunderstorms are expected for
tonight into Friday. Some of the thunderstorms may contain
torrential rainfall and result in a localized flash flood
* The axis of heaviest rain remains uncertain at this time.
However... the potential for localized rainfall amounts of 2 or
more inches in one hour will bring the risk for flash flooding
particularly in urban areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report