Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Central and South Weld County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:59 AM MDT on July 01, 2015
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
29-2 in 1990... almost a year to date after the record breaking heat
in early July 1989... the third longest heat wave in Denver
history started. From June 29th through July 2nd the
temperature reached 100 degrees or more on four consecutive
days. The highest reading of 102 degrees occurred on the
29th... 30th... and 1st. Combined with the 102 degree reading
on June 27th this would have been the longest heat wave on
record... but the temperature climbed to only 98 degrees on
29-15 in 2000... the 29th marked the beginning of a near record hot
streak for Metro Denver. The high temperatures... as recorded
at Denver International Airport... exceeded the 90 degree mark
for 17 consecutive days from June 29th through July 15th.
The record of 24 consecutive 90 degree or above days was
set from July 13th through August 5th... 2008.
30-1 in 1873... heavy rainfall overnight totaled 1.42 inches.
Mountain peaks to the southwest of the city were covered
with fresh snow on the morning of the 1st.
1 in 1915... northeast winds sustained to 41 mph with gusts to
50 mph occurred just before a thundershower in the evening.
Rainfall was only 0.07 inch.
In 1941... unusually heavy thunderstorm rains flooded
basements and blocked traffic. Water was curb high
on many downtown streets. The thunderstorm also pelted
the city with hail of unknown size. Rainfall in
downtown Denver totaled 0.72 inch... but greater amounts
likely occurred in other parts of the city.
In 1960... a severe dust devil moving through an Adams County
suburban area blew over a fireworks stand... injuring an 11-
year-old boy customer and two women operators of the stand.
The boy was found under the demolished stand 100 feet away.
In 1961... hail as large as 1 1/4 inches in diameter was
reported over east Denver.
In 1967... Golf Ball size hail fell over portions of Metro
Denver. Hail stones to 2 inches in diameter damaged roofs
and broke windows in northeast Boulder. Marble to Golf Ball
size hail fell at the Boulder Airport. A funnel cloud was
sighted over the foothills near Boulder. Hail stones of 1
to 2 inches in diameter were measured at Jefferson County
Airport near Broomfield. Marble size hail fell in the
vicinity of Arvada and Westminster.
In 1982... severe thunderstorms dropped large hail in Denver...
Boulder... Commerce City... Lakewood... Wheat Ridge... Golden... and
Arvada. Most locations reported hail size from 3/4 to 1 1/4
inches in diameter.
In 1990... the high temperature reached 102 degrees at
Stapleton International Airport.
In 1998... hail to 1 1/2 inches in diameter fell near Bennett.
In 2001... the temperature climbed to a high of 101 degrees at
Denver International Airport.
1-18 in 1874... a streak of 18 consecutive days of 90 degrees
tied for second with another streak that was later set
in the Summer of 1901. The record of 24 consecutive days
was established in the Summer of 2008.
1-31 in 2012... it was the hottest July on record in Denver since
weather records began in 1872. The average temperature for
the month was 78.9 degrees which was 4.7 degrees above
normal. There were 27 days in which the high temperature
equaled or exceeded 90 degrees... which established a new
record. There were also 7 days in which the temperature
equaled or exceeded 100 degrees which tied the record
set in 2005.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report