Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, San Juan River Basin
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:09 AM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on September 22, 2014
1023 PM MDT sun Sep 21 2014
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
northwestern Archuleta County in southwest Colorado...
southeastern Hinsdale County in southwest Colorado...
* until 700 am MDT
* at 406 am MDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause small stream flooding in the
* Flooding will remain over mainly rural areas of northwestern
Archuleta and southeastern Hinsdale counties... especially in and
near the papoose burn scar.
Excessive runoff will cause minor flooding of small creeks and
streams... as well as ranch and country roads... and burn scars left
by recent wildfires. Do not attempt to travel across flooded roads.
Find alternate routes.
Lat... Lon 3730 10746 3774 10746 3783 10714 3768 10715
3767 10712 3739 10713 3739 10705
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 9 am MDT Monday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of south central Colorado and southwest Colorado...
including the following areas... in south central Colorado...
San Juan River basin. In southwest Colorado... Animas river
basin and southwest San Juan Mountains.
* Until 9 am MDT Monday
* widespread rain showers are expected tonight across portions
of southwest Colorado. Locally heavy rainfall is possible from
the Mancos ridge eastward through La Plata... Archuleta... San
Juan... and Hinsdale counties.
* Portions of La Plata County including Durango have saturated
soils from recent heavy rain. Any significant rainfall tonight
may produce runoff problems or flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor the latest forecasts and statements from the National
Weather Service and be prepared to take action should flash flood
warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement