Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Animas River Basin
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:52 AM MDT on August 02, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 10 am MDT this morning
through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Colorado and Utah...
including the following areas...
Animas river basin...
central Colorado River Basin...
central Gunnison and Uncompahgre River basin...
Debeque to Silt Corridor...
Four Corners/upper Dolores River...
Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain valleys...
grand and Battlement mesas...
northwest San Juan Mountains...
Paradox Valley/lower Dolores River...
San Juan River basin...
southwest San Juan Mountains...
Uncompahgre Plateau and Dallas Divide...
upper Gunnison River Valley and
west Elk and Sawatch mountains.
La Sal and Abajo Mountains and southeast Utah.
* From 10 am MDT this morning through this evening
* showers and thunderstorms will be capable of producing locally
heavy rainfall today and this evening.
* The flash flood threat is greatest for small streams...
creeks... normally Dry Wash beds... slot canyons... Slick Rock
areas... and burn scars. Heavy rainfall can also cause mud debris
flows and Rockslides.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:02 AM MDT on August 02, 2015
The following are preliminary 24 hour precipitation reports from
western Colorado and eastern Utah, ending around 8 am Sunday.
Amounts are in inches.
Western Colorado and eastern Utah 24 hour stations:
Official climate stations of western colorado:
Crested Butte, 0.11.
8 miles east of Ignacio, 0.11.
Mesa Verde National Park, 0.19.
Official climate stations of eastern utah:
Cedar Point, 0.69.
Monticello #2, 0.01.
15 miles west of Montrose, 0.03.
Climate reference network sites of western colorado:
8 miles southeast of Cortez, 0.16.
11 miles northeast of Montrose, 0.34.
Climate reference network sites of eastern utah:
32 miles northwest of Bluff, 0.04.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory