Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Southwest San Juan Mountains
Statement as of 4:02 PM MDT on April 20, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on April 21, 2014
... Strong gusty winds Tuesday afternoon...
A Pacific storm system will move across the northern Great Basin
on Tuesday. As the associated cold front approaches from the
northwest... strong southwest winds will become widespread over
eastern Utah and western Colorado Tuesday afternoon. Wind gusts 35
to 45 mph are possible... with some higher gusts over exposed
higher terrain. The strongest winds are expected across eastern
Utah late in the afternoon. At times blowing dust may limit
visibility... and may deposit a layer of dust on the snowpack.
Anyone planning agricultural burning and land use agencies
planning prescribed burning should continue to monitor the
forecast. These strong winds will make fire control difficult.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:00 PM MDT on April 20, 2014
The following are preliminary 24 hour precipitation reports from
western Colorado and eastern Utah, ending around 9 am Sunday.
Rainfall amounts are in inches.
Official climate stations of western colorado:
Colorado National Monument, 0.10.
17 miles west of Glade Park, 0.17.
5 miles northwest of Mack, 0.23.
3 miles south of Ridgway, 0.22.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Delaware - Frost Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement