Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Grand and Battlement Mesas
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:56 PM MDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 30, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Tuesday afternoon
through Tuesday evening...
... Flash Flood Watch will expire at midnight MDT tonight...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Colorado and Utah... including the following
areas... in Colorado... Animas river basin... central Gunnison
and Uncompahgre River basin... Grand Valley... grand and
Battlement mesas... northwest San Juan Mountains... Paradox
Valley/lower Dolores River... San Juan River basin... southwest
San Juan Mountains... Uncompahgre Plateau and Dallas Divide...
upper Gunnison River Valley and west Elk and Sawatch
mountains. In Utah... arches/Grand Flat and La Sal and Abajo
* From Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening
* flash flooding is possible Tuesday afternoon and evening due
to heavy rainfall from monsoonal moisture and another
disturbance that will move north over the area. Storms will
also be slow moving further increasing flash flooding risks.
* Debris and mud flows will be possible especially near old burn
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The Flash Flood Watch for portions of Colorado and Utah will
expire at midnight MDT tonight.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:55 PM MDT on July 28, 2014
The following are preliminary 24 hour precipitation reports from
western Colorado and eastern Utah, ending around 7 PM Monday.
Amounts are in inches.
Western Colorado and eastern Utah 24 hour stations:
Official climate stations of western colorado:
Taylor Park, 0.12.
Official climate stations of eastern utah:
Climate reference network sites of western colorado:
8 miles southeast of Cortez, 0.33.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement