Current Watches and Warnings
California, Antelope Valley
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 6:20 PM PDT on June 24, 2016
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 am PDT Saturday
for gusty northwest winds and low relative humidity for the
* winds... northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55
mph... diminishing some after midnight. Strongest winds western
portions of the Antelope Valley.
* Relative humidity... 7 to 15 percent... rising slightly after
* Impacts... if fire ignition occurs... conditions will be
favorable for extreme fire behavior and rapid fire spread...
which could threaten life and property.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate
officials or fire crews in the field of this red flag warning.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:55 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
... Wind reports...
Location speed time/date elevation (ft.)
... Santa Barbara County mountains...
La Cumbre Peak 33 mph 1214 am 06/25 3950
Tepusquet 30 mph 0306 am 06/25 3200
... San Luis Obispo County mountains...
Branch Mountain 30 mph 0235 am 06/25 3770
... Los Angeles County mountains excluding the Santa Monica range...
Sandberg 68 mph 0950 PM 06/24 4510
Whitaker Peak 66 mph 1157 PM 06/24 4120
... Antelope Valley...
Poppy Park 45 mph 0156 am 06/25 2759
neenach 40 mph 0210 am 06/25 2960
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning