Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Diego County Coastal Areas
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 9:26 PM PDT on September 03, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on September 08, 2015
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from Saturday
morning through Tuesday evening...
* waves and surf... building to 4 to 6 feet with locally higher
sets at times on south facing beaches.
* Timing... surf building during the day Saturday... peaking on
Sunday... and remaining elevated through Tuesday.
* Impacts... strong and frequent rip and longshore currents will
create hazardous swimming conditions.
A beach hazards statement for rip currents means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of strong rip currents.
Rip currents are typically more frequent and stronger in the
vicinity of jetties... inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a
rip current should swim parallel to the coast to escape the rip
current before trying to swim for shore. Swimmers should always
swim near a lifeguard.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement