Current Watches and Warnings
California, Orange County Coastal Areas
Statement as of 9:51 PM PDT on October 01, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 04, 2014
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 11 am Friday to 8 PM PDT
* temperatures... day-time highs of 91 to 97 degrees a few miles
from the beaches and further inland in the coastal areas. Day-
time highs of 86 to 94 degrees in the lower slopes of the
* Timing... hottest conditions are expected from mid morning to
late afternoon Friday and Saturday.
* Location... hot conditions a few miles from the beaches and
further inland along the coast... and also below 4500 foot
elevation in the mountains.
* Impacts... heat can be stressful to animals and humans...
making it hard for the body to acclimate and remain hydrated.
Without precautions even healthy adults could experience heat
stress and illness.
* Outlook... temperatures will lower slightly on Sunday... and
continue to gradually lower through early next week.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 911.
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 1:00 AM PDT on October 02, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on October 06, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from late tonight
through late Sunday night...
* waves and surf... 3 to 5 feet with sets to 6 feet... highest on
south and southwest facing beaches of Orange and San Diego
* Timing... late tonight through Sunday night.
* Impacts... elevated surf and strong rip and longshore currents
will produce dangerous swimming conditions... especially for
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as strong
rip currents... elevated surf heights... minor tidal overflow... or
lightning are possible at local beaches. Obey posted warning
signs and flags and talk to a lifeguard before swimming. Use
caution when in or near the water and always swim near a
- Arkansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Heat Advisory , Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Pennsylvania - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Utah - Freeze Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory